Take a bite out of fall with these pumpkin superfood energy bites! Great as an on-the-go of post workout snack, they are gluten free, dairy free, and sweetened naturally!
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 pitted medjool dates
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup raw cashews (whole or pieces will work)
- 1/4 cup pepitas (green pumpkin seeds)
- 1 tbsp. ground flax seed
- 1 tbsp. hemp seeds
- 2 tsp. chia seeds
- 2 tsp. reishi mushroom powder
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger*
- pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt
1. Place the dates in a small bowl with warm water. Let soak for a few minutes and remove the pits.
2. In the bowl of a food processor combine all of the ingredients (including the soaked dates) except for the melted coconut oil.
3. Pulse together for a 30 seconds and then add the melted coconut oil. Continue to pulse until the mixture is chunky but smooth. You shouldn’t see any big date pieces.
4. Use a mini cookie scoop or your hands to portion out the bites onto a plate. Enjoy right away or refrigerate first for 30 minutes.
5. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. You can also store them in the freezer and pull them out when you want one as a snack!
*You can use ground ginger if needed.