Use pumpkin puree in a way you never thought of before — in this recipe for pumpkin turkey meatballs! The pumpkin puree makes them extra moist and flavorful!
For the meatballs:
- 1 1/4 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
For the zucchini noodles:
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with olive oil cooking spray.
2. Mix all of the meatball ingredients in a bowl until combined.
3. Spray a cookie scoop with baking spray or olive oil spray and use that to scoop the meat into balls onto the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Use your hands to round them out if needed Bake for 17 minutes.
4. While the meatballs are cooking, prepare the zucchini noodles. Spiralize the zucchini and place the noodles on a skillet with the marinara sauce until warmed and combined. Add spinach if desired.
5. Remove meatballs from the oven, and add a few to the skillet with the zucchini noodles and sauce to combine.
6. Serve topped with micro greens, nutritional yeast (or parmesan cheese if not dairy free), and a sprinkle of hemp seeds. I always add extra red pepper flakes because I like it a little spicy!
*Want to add more pumpkin to this meal? Add pumpkin puree to your marinara sauce! Simply add 2 tbsp. of pumpkin puree to the mixture as you sauté the zucchini noodles and marinara sauce!