Pumpkin veggie egg muffins are a quick and nutritious breakfast that are fun to eat and easy to make!
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk of choice (I used almond)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 red, yellow, or orange peppers, diced
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a muffin tin with coconut oil spray or cooking spray.
- Whisk all of the eggs, almond milk, pumpkin puree, garlic powder, salt and pepper together in a medium bowl. You want the pumpkin puree to be well incorporated and not clumpy.
- Dice the two peppers and add to mixture.
- Over low heat, sauté the spinach with just a little bit of oil on the pan until just slightly wilted. Add to egg mixture along with the shredded cheese if using.
- Use a cookie scoop to portion out egg mixture into muffin pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes. Let cool in the muffin pan for a couple of minutes before using a butter knife to help pop each of the egg muffins out of the muffin tin.
Store these in the fridge for 3-4 days.