Pumpkin zucchini and peanut butter muffins are made delicious, gluten and dairy free and sweetened naturally. Thanks to pumpkin puree and shredded zucchini, the texture of these muffins is amazing and they pack extra nutrition in every bite!
Pumpkin zucchini and peanut butter muffins are a cross between late summer and fall flavors that you will love anytime of year! The taste and texture are great and they’re super easy to make with just a few simple ingredients.
Adding zucchini and pumpkin to baked goods both together and separately is an easy and delicious way to add more nutrition to a baked good. Pumpkin zucchini bread anyone?! They are both packed with vitamin C, and fiber!
If you follow me on Instagram or have taken a look at some of my other recipes, then you know I’m all about fun foods with extra nutrition — these muffins are exactly that. I strive to show how foods can be enjoyable and nutritious at the same time and make you want to get in the kitchen and having a good time making them.
These pumpkin zucchini muffins will remind you of all the things you love about fall. To me, a baked good is not a baked good without pumpkin or pumpkin spice (that should be obvious to you if you’re on this website!) and these are a super fun twist on a classic pumpkin muffin!
As a registered dietitian and lover of baked goods, I always try to lower the sugar, or add more nutrition to the typical baked good. I want people to enjoy a baked good recipe without thinking “I shouldn’t be eating this”. Swapping out some of the sugar or adding high fiber veggies like pumpkin or zucchini are the way I make that happen!
Back to fiber for a second, this recipe for pumpkin, zucchini & peanut butter muffins uses oat flour, aka flour made from oats. Oats are a good source of fiber and contain a soluble fiber called beta-glucan, known to help reduce cholesterol and help with satiety. Most of enough don’t get enough fiber on a daily basis, so if you can add a good amount to your baked goods, why not?!
If you don’t have oat flour, don’t worry. In the recipe I detail how you can make your own at home from oats using your blender.
Pumpkin, Zucchini and Peanut Butter Muffins
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini squeeze excess moisture out with a paper towel
- 1/4 cup creamy unsweetened peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp. almond milk
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅓ cup dark or milk chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin liner with muffin liners and spray the inside with nonstick cooking spray to prevent muffins from sticking to liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, zucchini, peanut butter, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla extract and almond milk until smooth.
- Stir in the oat flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips if adding. Use a cookie scoop to portion out the batter into the muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Transfer muffins to wire rack to let cool and enjoy. Store muffins in the fridge and reheat in the microwave to enjoy!