(grain free & low in sugar)
This delicious pumpkin zucchini bread is grain free, low in sugar and packed with nutrition! It’s easy to make and tastes delicious!
What do you make when you’re craving pumpkin bread in the summer? This recipe is it! It’s easy to make, grain free, and packs extra vitamins, minerals and fiber from the pumpkin puree and zucchini!
Naturally sweetened with maple syrup and chocolate chips if you choose, this bread is the perfect weekend baking treat!
Zucchini is almost as versatile as pumpkin puree can be and both are a great source of vitamin C and fiber! They give this bread an unbelievable texture for a gluten and grain free baked good!
Pumpkin puree is a hidden gem of nutrition. It’s so affordable and I swear by having a can (or 5!) in my pantry at all time!
1 cup of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling!) contains:
Fat: 0.2 grams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbs: 12 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Vitamin A: 245% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI)
Vitamin C: 19% of the RDI
Potassium: 16% of the RDI
Copper: 11% of the RDI
Manganese: 11% of the RDI
Vitamin B2: 11% of the RDI
Vitamin E: 10% of the RDI
Iron: 8% of the RDI
Pumpkin puree also contains small amounts of magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, folate and several B vitamins.
This recipe is the perfect pumpkin bread for summer! Zucchini is in season in the summer months and is one of my favorite vegetables along with pumpkin (although both are technically a fruit because their plants have flowers!).Print
This bread is like a little slice of heaven. Extra moist, low in sugar and packed with vitamins, minerals and fiber from pumpkin puree and zucchini!
2 cups almond flour (does not have to be blanched)
1 cup shredded zucchini, with excess moisture squeezed off using paper towel
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 egg, lightly whisked
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
½ tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. nutmeg
¼ tsp. sea salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional) **
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9X5 loaf pan with coconut oil or cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, maple syrup, pumpkin puree & zucchini until combined.
4. Pour the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients, mixing until there are no clumps.
5. Pour pumpkin zucchini pumpkin mixture into a prepared loaf pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
** other delicious mix-ins includes: dark chocolate chips, pecans, or unsweetened coconut flakes.