Pumpkin zucchini oatmeal cups are like a bowl of oatmeal in muffin form! Made gluten and dairy free, they have a hearty texture, make for a nutritious, delicious (and compact!) breakfast and freeze well too. I highly recommend a dollop of nut butter on top!
- 2 ¾ cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp. ground flax seed
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, excess moisture squeezed off with a paper towel
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk the oats, flax seeds, pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, pumpkin puree almond milk, maple syrup. Fold in the shredded zucchini.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mix together and let stand for about 5 minutes so that the oats soak up some of the moisture.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to portion out the batter in the muffin tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes, remove from oven and let cool in the muffin tin for an additional five minutes. Use a butter knife to pop the oatmeal cups out of the muffin tin and enjoy!
- Reheat for a few minutes in the microwave the next day. I highly recommend adding nut butter on top!
Store covered in the fridge for 3-4 days or freeze for maximum freshness.
Keywords: pumpkin zucchini oatmeal cups