Raw lemon coconut bars are tart and chewy and made gluten and dairy free with just a few simple ingredients. Dates, almonds, shredded coconut and lemon juice and zest make up these no bake bars that make for a good snack!
There’s something about spring that makes me crave all the fresh tart flavors. Lemon and lime flavors infused into treats is definitely my favorite after pumpkin!
What’s cool about citrus is that you can use the zest, juice and flesh to infuse fresh flavor and tartness into both sweet and savory recipes. These raw lemon coconut bars use both lemon zest and lemon juice! Another one of my favorite citrus infused treats are these no bake key lime pie mini cheesecakes — they’re perfect for spring too!
With most of us still working from home now, it’s safe to say a lot of us have exhausted our snack options and likely have felt out of ideas when it comes to healthy snacks. These raw lemon bars are a fresh idea to throw into your snack rotation for spring.
Easy to make, you can roll the dough into balls or cut them into squares and stash in the fridge for when you need a little something before a workout or in the afternoon. Sweetened naturally with dates, they’re balanced with protein and fiber that will help prevent a blood sugar crash.
Plus the tart lemon zest goes so well with the coconut flavor — I know you’ll love them!
p.s. be sure to tune in on instagram because next week is citrus week where I’ll be sharing 5 new fun and delicious recipes that use citrus fruits!
Ingredients for raw lemon coconut bars
These raw lemon bars are made with just a few simple ingredients you might already have in your pantry. Almonds and dates make up the bulk of the texture of these no bake bars, so I don’t recommend omitting them or using substitutions if you’re trying to get a similar texture.
- lemon zest
- lemon juice
- shredded unsweetened coconut
- vanilla extract
Raw Lemon Coconut Bars
- 1 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- zest of 2 lemons + more for the top
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 serving unflavored collagen
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- In the bowl of a food processor add the dates, almonds and 1 cup of the shredded coconut. Pulse until a dough begins to form.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, collagen, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt. Pulse a couple more times until everything is combined and you see a sticky dough.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl and stir in the rest of the coconut. Press the dough into a 9X13 bread pan lined with parchment paper. Use a spatula to smooth it so that it’s as even as possible across the top.
- Place in the fridge to harden for 30 minutes to an hour. Remove and cut into small squares. Sprinkle more coconut and lemon zest on top and enjoy!
more lemon recipes you’re sure to love
pin this recipe for later