Dates, almonds, shredded coconut and lemon juice and zest make up these tart bars that make for the perfect snack! Roll the dough into balls or cut into squares for a popable snack!
- 1 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- zest of 2 lemons + more for the top
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 serving unflavored collagen
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- In the bowl of a food processor add the dates, almonds and 1 cup of the shredded coconut. Pulse until a dough begins to form.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, collagen, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt. Pulse a couple more times until everything is combined and you see a sticky dough.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl and stir in the rest of the coconut. Press the dough into a 9X13 bread pan lined with parchment paper. Use a spatula to smooth it so that it’s as even as possible across the top.
- Place in the fridge to harden for 30 minutes to an hour. Remove and cut into small squares. Sprinkle more coconut and lemon zest on top and enjoy!
Keywords: raw lemon bars; no bake lemon bars