Roasted chickpeas, tomatoes, butternut squash and olives come together in this lettuce free salad that is crunchy, sweet, salty and savory all at once.
- 2 cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 small to medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 3 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 package Wild Wonders® Tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, halved
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Use a paper towel to pat dry the chickpeas ensuring they are super dry. Peel and cube the butternut squash.
- Toss both the butternut squash and chickpeas with the avocado oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Bake for 20 minutes until the squash is fork tender, tossing halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- While the butternut squash and chickpeas are roasting, prepare the rest of the salad.
- Cut the tomatoes and olives in half, chop the parsley and toss together with the olive oil.
- Once the squash and chickpeas have roasted and cooled, toss with the rest of the ingredients and finish with the parmesan cheese.
Keywords: chickpeas; tomatoes; olives; salad