I’ve partnered with Unilever® to create this recipe, but as always all opinions are my own and I appreciate your support!
While very joyous, this time of year can also be slightly stressful when it comes to simple things like “what’s for dinner?”. Between all of the cooking for the holidays and attending get togethers it’s still important to make time for meals at home that will help you feel your best. I’m a huge advocate of the fact that meals at home do not have to be complicated to be nutritious!
I’m excited to continue my partnership with Unilever® today to tell you more about a product that will shortcut your time in the kitchen but does not sacrifice flavor or nutrition! This recipe for Roasted Garlic Pesto Pasta with Baked Salmon, Butternut Squash and Spinach made with Knorr Selects® is the perfect meal to keep in your back pocket during the holiday season!
Knorr Selects® is a premium line of rice & pasta side dishes that contain no artificial flavors or preservatives, and no colors from artificial sources. The rice and pasta are sustainably sourced from American farms with gluten-free and whole wheat varieties available. In this recipe I used the Knorr Selects® Roasted Garlic Pesto with Volanti Pasta, which is as delicious on its own as it is paired with the spinach, butternut squash and salmon.
Knorr Selects® can help create a delicious and nutritious meal in just 3 simple steps: Knorr Selects® + Lean Protein (or plant-based protein) + Veggies = Main Meal. This “equation” can help create a well-balanced meal that can definitely be ready in 30 minutes or less with a ton of different combinations so it’s never boring!
I picked the butternut squash, and spinach to pair with the Knorr Selects® not only because they are some of my favorite foods in general but also because they are part of Knorr®’s Future 50 Foods Report. This report in partnership with the World Wildlife Fund is a collection of diverse plant-based foods from around the world that can boost the nutritional value of our meals while reducing the environmental impact of our food supply. Knorr® created the report and Future 50 recipes, to inspire people to adopt a greater variety of plant-based ingredients.
Spinach is one of the foods on the list and one of the easiest ones to add to our diets in my opinion. I’m excited for you to make this recipe and enjoy it with the whole family or whoever you live with this holiday season!
Roasted Garlic Pesto Pasta with Baked Salmon, Butternut Squash and Spinach
- 1 package Knorr Selects® Roasted Garlic Pesto with Volanti Pasta
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup butternut squash I used frozen in the recipe!
- 4 salmon filets 4-6 oz each
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees F. Cook Knorr Selects® Roasted Garlic Pesto with Volanti Pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking season the salmon filets with olive oil, juice of the lemon, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- If using frozen butternut squash, reheat in the microwave.
- Once pasta is finished cooking add the spinach and butternut squash to the saucepan and combine. Cook until the spinach is slightly wilted.
- Remove salmon from the oven. Portion pasta with vegetables on to two plates and top with baked salmon. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired and enjoy!
Fall in Love with These Delicious Recipes Too!
Pin this recipe for later!