Salad stuffed peppers are a fun and nutritious way to eat salad! Stuffed into gorgeous yellow and orange striped peppers, they will look great on your table and be your new favorite way to eat salad!
These beautiful Aloha peppers from Sunset serve as an edible bowl for this simple salad that goes great with anything that you’re grilling for Memorial Day or this summer.
I love that these salad stuffed peppers can double as a centerpiece for your table and get you excited about eating your greens! Use a fork to eat the salad straight from the pepper or turn the pepper on it’s side and use a knife to cut the whole thing up. Any way you slice them, salad stuffed peppers are a fun and nutritious addition to your table.
When I first spotted these gorgeous peppers from Sunset at the store, I knew I needed to try them! If you follow me on Instagram then I’m sure you know I love peppers and am constantly trying to find fun and unique ways to enjoy them. I knew I wanted these Aloha peppers to really pop as a centerpiece which is how these salad stuffed peppers came to be!
As gorgeous as they are nutritious, these salad peppers are great because you can stuff them with almost any salad combination for a delicious side dish! With Memorial Day and grilling season right around the corner, this is a great recipe to keep in your back pocket when looking for something to go with grilled proteins.
I also think these Aloha peppers would work great in kabob form or sliced up with grilled pineapple in a salad in a bright salad!
ingredients for salad stuffed peppers:
- 5 Sunset Aloha Peppers
- crunchy lettuce
- cherry tomatoes
- purple cabbage
- feta cheese
- orzo pasta
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- dried oregano
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
what makes aloha peppers special
Aside from being gorgeous and colorful, Aloha peppers are flavorful and sweet! They are high in vitamin C and the unique orange and yellow stripes continue through the entire pepper, even on the inside, making for a beautiful presentation whether stuffed or grilled.
nutrition benefits of peppers
Did you know that peppers have more vitamin C than an orange? They’re also a good source of antioxidants, fiber and vitamin E, plus are made up of nearly 92% water, making them very hydrating too.
When I’m not using them to make a meal, I love snacking on peppers. Cutting them into strips and dipping them into hummus is a great snack that contains protein and fiber and would be awesome to do with these Aloha peppers!
Salad Stuffed Aloha Peppers
- 5 Aloha peppers
- 1 head of crunchy lettuce
- ¾ cup orzo cooked
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 ½ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cucumber sliced
- ⅓ cup feta cheese
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook orzo according to package directions. In the meantime wash and chop the lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers.
- Prepare the salad by combining the lettuce, cooked orzo, cabbage, tomatoes, and cucumbers together. Top with crumbled feta.
- Whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, oregano and salt and pepper until combined.
- Cut the tops off of the peppers and remove the inside stems and seeds.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and use tongs to scoop the salad into each of the cleaned out peppers.
- Eat with a fork right out of the pepper, or lay the pepper on its side and use a knife to cut it into strips, so that the pepper is combined with the salad. Enjoy!
more pepper recipes you’re sure to love
This post was created in partnership with Sunset. As always all opinions are my own and I appreciate your support!
Pin this recipe for later!