Salad stuffed Aloha peppers are a fun and delicious way to enjoy a summertime salad! Everyone at your cookout will be excited to grab one of them and eat right out of this pepper “bowl”!
- 5 Aloha peppers
- 1 head of crunchy lettuce
- ¾ cup orzo, cooked
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- ⅓ cup feta cheese
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook orzo according to package directions. In the meantime wash and chop the lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers.
- Prepare the salad by combining the lettuce, cooked orzo, cabbage, tomatoes, and cucumbers together. Top with crumbled feta.
- Whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, oregano and salt and pepper until combined.
- Cut the tops off of the peppers and remove the inside stems and seeds.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and use tongs to scoop the salad into each of the cleaned out peppers.
- Eat with a fork right out of the pepper, or lay the pepper on its side and use a knife to cut it into strips, so that the pepper is combined with the salad. Enjoy!