Salmon burgers with buffalo hummus are packed with nutrition and flavor and are easy to make during the week! Eat with a bun or wrap in lettuce!
Can I tell you a secret? I don’t like burgers! It’s definitely a texture thing that started when I was a kid, but has continued on into my adult life! Salmon burgers with buffalo hummus are the exception to the rule. Salmon is full of really important vitamins, protein and healthy fat that helps our brain and body function optimally.
This recipe is also great to freeze, and pull out whenever you need a source a protein to go with your meal.
What kind of salmon can you use for salmon burgers?
In this recipe I used skinless, boneless, pink salmon. You can find it at almost every grocery store in the canned fish section. A fresh salmon filet that is shredded up similarly to how you would do shredded chicken would definitely work for this recipe too.
Topping these easy salmon burgers with Lantana buffalo hummus adds a ton of flavor! In the Chicago area you an find Lantana’s NEW buffalo hummus at Jewel-Osco, and will be available in Target stores in June.
All Lantana hummus is non-GMO, vegan, gluten free and kosher. It’s made in a non-traditional way, using white beans instead of chickpeas, but they still use key hummus ingredients such as tahini, oil, garlic and spices.
Using white beans allows those with chickpea allergies or sensitivities to enjoy hummus and room for lots of different flavors! I’ve been loving adding a scoop to my salads for a little bit of mild spice!
How else can you use hummus?
I love hummus because it’s such a great dip for veggies, but it can definitely go beyond that! Check out this article in Women’s Health where I talk about all of the uses like:
- salad dressing (my personal favorite!)
- veggie roll ups
- on toast
- in a lightened up risotto
These salmon burgers with buffalo hummus are great for those who do not eat meat or anybody who is looking to add more seafood into their diet in a fun way. Experts recommend eating seafood at least two times per week.
Salmon is especially high in healthy omega-3 fatty acids, B vitamins, vitamin D, potassium, and selenium.
This post was sponsored by Lantana Foods but as always all opinions are my own!Print
These salmon burgers with buffalo hummus are bursting with flavor, and nutrition! Eat them on a bun or wrapped in crunchy lettuce!
- 2 6 oz. cans of skinless, boneless pink wild caught salmon, drained
- 1/4 + 2 tbsp. almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. fresh dill or parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. lemon pepper
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 container Lantana Buffalo Hummus
- 1 tbsp. oil
To top and assemble:
- whole-wheat or sprouted buns
- 4 lettuce leaves to use as a bun
- tomato, purple cabbage, feta cheese
1. In a medium bowl, combine salmon, almond flour, egg, mustard, lemon juice, herbs, and remaining spices.
2. Mix until well combined and form into four patties.
3. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat add 1 tbsp. of olive or coconut oil.
4. Add 2 patties at a time to the pan and cook until golden-orange on both sides. About 4-5 minutes.
5. Spread 2 tbsp. of buffalo hummus on top of burger and top with tomato, purple cabbage, and a sprinkle of feta cheese.
6. Assemble on a bun or with lettuce and enjoy!