Savory pumpkin & spinach oat cakes are a delicious savory way to use oats. Combining oats, pumpkin puree, and spinach along with savory spices for a plant-based burger like patty that can be eaten as is, on top of a salad or even in a bun with toppings!
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 cup Quaker Old- Fashioned Oats
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup spinach
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oat flour, oats, ground mustard, garlic powder, turmeric, black pepper and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the egg, pumpkin puree, lemon juice. Combine the egg mixture with the oat mixture and mix together.
- Heat a saucepan over low heat add 1 tsp. olive oil and sauté the spinach until lightly wilted. Remove from heat and fold the spinach into the oat mixture.
- Pack the oat mixture into a 1/3 cup measuring cup. Heat a sauté pan on medium-low heat and add the remaining olive oil. Scoop the patty out of the 1/3 cup measuring cup and onto the pan to heat, flipping so that both sides get golden brown.
- Remove from heat, and enjoy!
Keywords: savory oat cakes