This pumpkin roll is simple and delicious! It’s packed with fall flavor and easy to make!
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup Libby’s 100% pure pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
for the cream cheese filling:
- 1 package ( 8 oz. ) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 of lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line an 11 X 15 in baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray the parchment paper with cooking spray too. Remove your cream cheese and butter from the fridge to soften.
- Using a hand held or stand mixer beat eggs with sugar and pumpkin puree.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix together until just combined.
- Spread the batter on to the parchment lined baking sheet. Use a spatula to spread it to that it’s even and not higher in some spots.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven. (you want the cake to be moist and flexible so that it will easily roll) Invert the cake on to a cheese cloth or thin dish towel (big enough for the entirety of the cake). Peel off the parchment paper and gently roll the cake up with the towel. Let cool completely for at least 1 hour (can be placed in the fridge).
- While the cake is cooling beat the butter and cream cheese together with a hand held or stand mixer. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat until combined and creamy.
- Once the cake has cooled completely, remove from the fridge and let warm up on the counter for a few minutes.
- Gently unroll the cake from the towel and spread frosting evenly on top, leaving about a 1 inch border across the top of the cake. Gently and slowly roll the cake up again, this time without the towel. If some of the frosting pops out, that is ok!
- Slice into pieces and top with additional pumpkin pie spice or confectioners sugar if desired!
- Loosely cover with plastic wrap or store in a long Tupperware in the fridge.
Keywords: pumpkin roll