This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Jewel-Osco. All opinions are 100% my own. I’m proud to partner with brands and organizations that share my mission of making healthy food more accessible to everyone.
Jewel-Osco is my one-stop-shop when it comes to picking up everything I need for making healthy meals, snacks and treats. Their selection of affordable in-season produce and everything from freezer staples to paper goods is unmatched!
Plus, I feel good knowing that they strive for the highest quality and value possible with their wide variety of exclusive O Organics® and Open Nature® products that are carefully crafted without artificial ingredients, or additives, and minimally processed. All O Organics products are USDA Certified Organic too.
5 ways to maintain healthy habits in 2021:
- Set aside some time for planning. Maybe meal prepping isn’t your thing, and that’s totally ok. One key practice that ensures 5 o’clock doesn’t roll around and you’re starving with an empty fridge is to roughly plan meals for the week. Simply writing down what sounds good, cross checking your pantry and fridge for what you have and what you need can alleviate so much pressure and stress around meal time! Jewel-Osco also offers Grocery Delivery & DriveUp & Go™ for convenient ways to shop for everything on your list.
- Make breakfast extra special. One of my favorite weekend activities is a leisurely breakfast. Coffee, pancakes, eggs, fresh fruit, you name it. There’s just something extra special about not rushing, making something delicious and enjoying it together. I love that Jewel-Osco has everything I need for it like Open Nature gluten free pancake mix, O Organics 100% pure maple syrup and Open Nature free range organic eggs. Food bonds us and taking the time to enjoy a meal together like breakfast with your significant other or roommate is fun (and delicious) activity to look forward to every week! Pancakes for the table anyone?!
- Get inspired by seasonal flavors. Try a new fruit or vegetable that’s in season. Not only is this great for your health (one study showed that eating 30+ different fruits and veggies a week helped strengthen the gut microbiome), but picking up a new fruit or veggie at the grocery store is also a great way to diversify your palette and find something you really like! This time of year I recommend picking up some citrus (Jewel-Osco has an amazing selection!)
- Set smart and realistic goals. Instead of a complete overhaul of your entire routine and diet (which a lot of people feel they need to do at the beginning of a new year), start small by adding one thing to your routine instead. Successfully making one change or new addition to your diet will give you the confidence to do another little thing, and another until you’re tackling those big goals before you know it. Anything that you actually want to stick in your routine for longer than a week needs to be sustainable and fit within your lifestyle. Keep that in mind when setting food and nutrition goals!
- Don’t strive for perfection. Somewhere along the way it was drilled into our heads that if it is not perfect, it’s not worth it. This is so untrue, especially when it comes to building healthy habits! Striving for perfection can actually set us up for failure, not to mention cause more stress and anxiety around situations that don’t turn out “perfect”. Life happens and it’s our ability to be flexible and still make our health and nutrition a priority the goal — not perfection!
I buy my O Organics® and Open Nature® products at my local Jewel-Osco, and you can also find them exclusively at the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, ACME, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, Star Market, United Supermarkets and Carrs/Safeway.
Visit jewelosco.com to find a store near you and discover meal tips and recipe ideas.