Spaghetti squash pad Thai is better than takeout and packed with veggies! Made with carrots, peppers, pea pods, and cabbage and a tangy peanut butter pad Thai sauce, you’ll love how nutritious and delicious this spaghetti squash recipe is!
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 1/2 cup thinly sliced red, yellow and orange peppers (2–3 peppers)
- 3/4 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 1/2 cup pea pods or snow peas (about one small bag)
- 2 large eggs
for the peanut butter pad Thai sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. creamy unsweetened peanut butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- squeeze of fresh lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cut and scoop out the seeds of the spaghetti squash ( see above in the blog post for my method for cutting a spaghetti squash). Season with olive oil and salt and bake cut side down for 20-25 minutes. Let cool.
- While the spaghetti squash is cooking prepare your veggies and make the pad Thai sauce.
- Whisk all of the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside. Wash and chop the veggies and add to a sauté pan.
- Use a fork to scrape the “noodles” out of the spaghetti squash. Add the noodles to the sauté pan and begin to mix everything together over medium-low heat. Add the sauce and continue mixing together so that all of the veggies are covered. Sautee for a 3-4 minutes. You want the veggies to be somewhat tender but not too mushy.
- Cook scrambled eggs in a separate pan, leaving them a little undercooked. Slice into pieces and add to the spaghetti squash mixture. Saute for about one more minute until everything is combined.
- Remove from heat add to a bowl or back into your spaghetti squash shell. Top with crushed peanuts, sesame seeds, a wedge of lime and hot sauce if desired. Enjoy!
If you have a particularly large spaghetti squash, you may need to up the vegetables and double the sauce recipe. Sometimes they are huge, which gives you lots of noodles!
Keywords: spaghetti squash pad thai