Avocado fries are a super fun and unique way to enjoy everyones favorite fruit! They’re baked and crispy and made slightly in the recipe that I know you’ll love.
- 2 avocados
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- lime (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 420 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Whisk eggs together in one small bowl. In another small bowl combine panko, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper.
3. Slice avocado, dip one slice at a time into the egg mixture and then into the panko mixture. The slices don’t have to be completely covered in the breadcrumbs, but mostly. Place each, one by one on the baking sheet.
4. Bake for approximately 12 minutes, remove from oven, squeeze a little lime over, and enjoy!
When picking avocados to use for this recipe, you’ll want ones that are on the harder side of soft. If the avocado it too mushy the slices will not hold together and you won’t be able to dip them!
Keywords: baked avocado fries