Spicy Thai red pepper sauce is made from spicy red chili peppers, red curry paste, coconut milk, lime juice and spices. Bursting with flavor and heat, it’s perfect on noodles with extra veggies for a meal.
Getting its sweet heat from Sunset ® YOWZERS!TM Red Chili Peppers, this spicy Thai red pepper sauce tastes like a flavorful red curry wrapped up into a spicy sauce that’s perfect on top of noodles!
Easy to make by simply roasting the chili peppers and combining them in a food processor with a couple of other ingredients, it makes for a simple weeknight dinner that you can add extra veggies too or even chicken or fish.
Another cool thing about this recipe is that you can totally enjoy the Thai red pepper sauce on noodles hot or cold. On a hot summer day they would be so good cold!
One of my favorite travel experiences ever was a trip to Thailand back in 2019. The fresh Thai flavors of coconut, red curry, and tropical fruits are something I always crave since experiencing them in some of the best food I’ve ever had on the Thai islands.
These spicy Thai red curry noodles were definitely inspired by those flavors and is a fun way to travel in the comfort of your own kitchen especially at this time when we’re mostly staying home.
I always pick up Sunset® produce at the grocery store because of how high quality their produce is, how it always tastes so fresh and juicy, and because of their dedication to sustainability grown, non-GMO produce. I know once you try it, you’ll agree!
Ingredients for spicy Thai red pepper sauce
- Sunset® YOWZERS!TM Red Chili Peppers
- Full-fat coconut milk
- Coconut aminos or low sodium soy sauce
- Red curry paste
- Fresh ginger
- Fresh garlic
- Fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper
- Noodles of your choice (I used brown rice pad Thai noodles, but soba noodles would also work.)
- Extra veggies (optional) I recommend extra sliced peppers, or broccoli
- Cashews/ peanuts
- Fresh cilantro
- Sesame seeds
Spicy Thai red pepper sauce is made from spicy red chili peppers, red curry paste, coconut milk, lime juice and spices. Perfect on top of noodles for spicy Thai red curry noodles that are hot and flavorful!
- 1 package Sunset® YOWZERS ® chili peppers
- 1–2 tbsp. red curry paste (I recommend 1 tbsp. if you don’t want it too spicy)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. coconut aminos or low sodium soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp. honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Add the chili peppers to a sheet pan in a single layer and roast for 20 minutes.
- While the peppers are roasting, make your noodles according to package directions.
- Remove chili peppers from the oven and let cool. Add them to the bowl of a food processor along with the red curry pasta, minced garlic, grated ginger, coconut milk, lime juice and salt and pepper. Pulse until well combined and the consistency of a sauce.
- Add the sauce to a sauté pan along with the noodles, combining well. Add any other vegetables you would like to add and cook until tender.
- Plate noodles and top with fresh cilantro, peanuts or cashews and a lime wedge. Enjoy!
Keywords: spicy Thai red curry noodles
This post was created in partnership with Sunset®. As always all opinions are my own and I appreciate your support!
More recipes with Sunset produce you’re sure to love:
- Roasted chickpea and tomato salad
- Tomato peach pasta salad
- Twisted taco salad
- Salad stuffed Aloha peppers
- Greek baked feta pasta
Pin this recipe for later!