Zucchini Quinoa Oat Burgers are patties made from chickpeas, oats, quinoa, fresh herbs and shredded zucchini.
I’m so excited to share this recipe for Zucchini Quinoa Oat Burgers that’s a great option for summer! Fresh, flavorful and made with ingredients I’m betting are already in your pantry, they come together in hardly any time at all.
This post was created in partnership with The Quaker Oats Company. As always, all opinions are my own and I appreciate your support!
Chickpeas, Quaker Old-Fashioned Oats, and quinoa make up the base of these patties and contribute to their texture. Oats are often used in the breakfast category however I love incorporating them into savory recipes like this — it’s super cool how versatile they can be! Shredded zucchini is the not-so-secret ingredient that adds a lot of moisture and a summertime spin to each bite!
Versatility of Oats
When you think of oats you often think of breakfast, but one thing I love about oats is just how versatile they really are in recipes for lunch, dinner, snacks and desserts. Baked goods, chili, oatcakes and burgers all benefit from the deliciousness of Quaker Oats.
This recipe for Zucchini Quinoa Oat Burgers shows just how versatile oats can be! Quaker Old-Fashioned Oats give these burgers an amazing texture and per ½ cup, oats are a good source of fiber (5g of total fat).
For over 140 years, Quaker has been the leading expert in oats, committed to combining science, scale, passion and expertise, and dedicated to researching all that this powerful grain has to offer. Their oats are produced with high standards of quality, and taste in mind.
The oats used in each variety of Quaker Oats – Instant, Quick, Old Fashioned and Steel Cut – are 100% whole grain, and ounce per ounce, they all provide similar amounts of fiber, vitamins and minerals.
Eat these burgers like you would traditional burgers or top them with lemon, more herbs or avocado. I also like putting 1-2 on top of a salad for more protein and fiber!
Ingredients for zucchini quinoa oat burgers
- shredded zucchini
- reduced-sodium chickpeas
- Quaker 100% Old-Fashioned Oats
- garlic cloves
- feta cheese
Zucchini Quinoa Oat Burgers
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/3 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 can reduced-sodium chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Quaker Old-Fashioned Oats
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tbsp. parsley
- 2 tbsp. mint
- 2 tbsp. dill
- Optional toppings: sliced avocado lemon, herbs
- Cook quinoa according to package directions and let cool.
- In the bowl of a food processor combine chickpeas, oats, quinoa, garlic, parsley, mint, dill and salt and pepper. Pulse until combined and a crumbly dough starts to form. Add the egg and pulse until the mixture resembles wet clay.
- Transfer to a medium-sized bowl and stir in feta and shredded zucchini that the excess water has been squeezed out with a paper towel.
- Use a ⅓ cup to portion out the individual patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium. Drizzle with olive oil and cook the burger patties on each side, until both sides are slightly browned.
More recipes with oats you’re sure to love
- Gluten free blueberry banana oat muffins
- honey oat blueberry banana bread
- peachy oat crisp
- birthday cake oatmeal pancakes
pin this recipe for later