Simple pumpkin pie made with coconut milk and an option to make it boozy for your holiday table! This recipe is simple to make and full of quintessential Thanksgiving flavor. A classic recipe you can fall back on for years to come!
Some would argue that it’s not Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie! I’ve made a lot of pumpkin recipes throughout the years, but never one for pie until now! I have to admit I’m not ready for homemade pie crust just yet, so I went with a frozen gluten-free crust I found at Whole Foods which worked perfectly in this recipe. If you need a little something something in your pie there’s an option to add bourbon or any other dark liquor you enjoy. I happened to have Bailey’s which worked great too.
I know there’s a big debate between on which type of pie is the best on Thanksgiving, and you know what I will always choose no matter what! Here I’ve topped my pie with coconut flakes and pistachios with dried cranberries, but you can definitely get creative with other toppings you like. Nuts, oat crumble and of course whipped cream would be fantastic! Every year I make a pumpkin cheesecake for Thanksgiving dessert, but it’s great to have a variety of desserts on the table for everyone to choose from, and this pie is so simple and classic, it’s a must! If you’re looking for a fun bite-sized version check out this recipe for mini pumpkin spice latte pies too!
Whether it’s making dessert, an appetizer or a side dish, to me that’s what Thanksgiving is all about. As I get a little older I want to learn more of my mom’s classic recipes, make memories in the kitchen and experiment with new vegetables and flavors that could lead to something delicious. I’m just as grateful for the time spent in the kitchen with my mom making the different components of the meal as I am for sitting down and enjoying it together as a family! I hope your Thanksgiving is filled with lots of love, delicious food and lots of memories of togetherness made in between! That is the true spirit of this classic pumpkin pie.
If you need any other pumpkin inspiration for your holiday table be sure to check out my Once Upon a Pumpkin Cookbook with 50 pumpkin recipes both sweet and savory!
Easy Pumpkin Pie (made with coconut milk)
- 9 ” frozen regular or gluten free pie crust
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 15- oz. can of pumpkin puree I like Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 12- oz. can of full-fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons bourbon or rum
- Take the frozen pie crust out of the freezer, and place it on a baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- In a large bowl, stir together sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, eggs, pumpkin puree and coconut milk. Add the alcohol if desired.
- Use a spoon to stir it all together until it’s just combined.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust and bake for 15 minutes.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350 and bake for another 45 minutes, until the crust is nicely browned. *
- Let cool completely, overnight in the fridge.
- Top however you would like and enjoy!