BBQ chickpea sweet potatoes made with crunchy chickpeas, Organic Campari® tomatoes, corn, avocado and smoky spices for a delicious plant-based summertime meal.
The fresh juicy flavors of summer are in full swing right now and I’m loving finding new ways to enjoy them in meals and snacks. Getting inspiration from the season is my favorite way to infuse fun and excitement in the kitchen — something I totally recommend if you feel like you’re in a cooking rut.
BBQ roasted chickpeas add crunch and smokiness to these summer inspired sweet potatoes made with delicious Organic Campari® tomatoes, avocado, corn and fresh cilantro. They’re easy to cook up and assemble and make for a super fresh and plant-forward meal.
These would also be perfect alongside any main dish at your summer BBQ and you can even grill the sweet potatoes before topping them with the tomato salad. A great way to add more plants (and fiber!) to your backyard BBQ!
The star ingredient in this recipe are definitely the Organic Campari® tomatoes from SUNSET®. At just the right size and with the perfect balance of sweetness and acidity, they add so much juicy flavor to this easy summer recipe! Perfect for everything from salads, pizzas, and pasta, they’re definitely a staple worth always having on hand.
SUNSET® produce is always in my cart at the grocery store because of its unmatched quality and their overall dedication to freshness and innovation in the produce department. I love their unique variety of tomatoes, especially these Organic Campari® tomatoes.
The fresh flavors of the tomatoes along with the smoky chickpeas and cool avocado come together to tie everything and the sweet potato together really well. It’s sort of like a salad in a sweet potato and I’m all about it!
Ingredients for BBQ chickpea sweet potatoes:
- Organic Campari® tomatoes
- Sweet potatoes
- Fire-roasted corn kernels
- Fresh cilantro
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Smoked paprika
BBQ Chickpea Sweet Potatoes with Organic Campari Tomatoes
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 package Organic Campari® tomatoes diced
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 can fire-roasted corn kernels drained
- 3 tbsp. fresh cilantro chopped
- Preheat the oven to 415 degrees F. Rinse and drain chickpeas and pat dry with a paper towel. Season with avocado oil, and spices and bake for approximately 25 minutes, flipping halfway through until crispy.
- In the meantime prepare the sweet potatoes and tomato salad. Use a fork to poke holes in the sweet potatoes and cook in the microwave on the potato setting or grill or broil the sweet potatoes.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking combine the diced tomatoes, avocado, corn, and fresh cilantro in a bowl and toss. Add roasted chickpeas once cooked.
- Scoop out the center part of the sweet potatoes and spoon the tomato salad in the inside. Top with more fresh cilantro and the cheese of your choice if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy!
This post was created in partnership with SUNSET®. As always all opinions are my own and I appreciate your support!
More recipes with SUNSET® you’re sure to love:
- Roasted chickpea and tomato salad
- Tomato peach pasta salad
- Twisted taco salad
- Salad stuffed Aloha peppers
- Greek baked feta pasta
- Pizza pepper poppers
- Tomato white bean salad
Pin this recipe for later!