Make pumpkin sugar scrub with this easy recipe made with pumpkin, sugar, and essential oils. It smells like fall and leaves your skin feeling extra smooth!
Smooth your skin this fall with the power of pumpkin! In addition to it being great in cooked and baked goods, pumpkin is great for the skin and perfect for adding to a homemade sugar scrub!
This post was created in partnership with NOW®. As always all opinions are my own and I appreciate your support!
Earlier this summer I had the opportunity to visit the NOW headquarters near Chicago and see into their production facility where they’ve been making natural products for over 50 years!
I learned so much about their measures and standards to ensure excellence in quality for all of their products, which was truly unparalleled in excellence compared to any other brand or company that I’ve seen!
As you know, the supplement and skin care industry is very saturated these days, but not all are created with the kind of care and levels of precision for what goes into every bottle quite like the way NOW does it. NOW owns and operates one of the most advanced private laboratories in the natural products industry to help ensure every aspect of creating their products is safe for us.
As a dietitian, it is so important to me to use and recommend products that are safe, effective and provide health to myself and my clients, which is why I recommend looking to NOW when it comes to your supplement and skin care needs. I personally use their probiotics and essential oils daily!
Not only does this pumpkin sugar scrub smell amazing, but it will make your skin feel extra soft and exfoliated. The minute it starts getting cooler outside my skin starts to feel a little bit drier and craves more moisture. Adding this sugar scrub to my shower routine helps to keep my skin bright and plump from the goodness of pumpkin and these calming oils.
Why Pumpkin is Good for the Skin
- Pumpkin is a great source of vitamin C and vitamin E, two strong antioxidants that are great for the skin! Vitamin C is needed for collagen protein synthesis, may helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles and helps maintain healthy skin cells. Vitamin E helps defend against UV light and protects the skin from free radical damage. This scrub offers an extra dose from the vitamin E oil too!
- This sugar scrub also contains cinnamon, making this sugar scrub great for moisturizing the skin!
Pumpkin Sugar Scrub
- 2 cups NOW Real Food® Turbinado Sugar
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 dropperfuls of NOW® Solutions Vitamin E Oil
- 6 drops of NOW® Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
- 3 drops of NOW® Clove Essential Oil
- 2 drops of NOW® Nutmeg Essential Oil
- 1 drop of NOW® Ginger Essential Oil
- In a small bowl combine the sugar and the pumpkin. Stir together until combined.
- Add in the essential oils, stirring to combine as you go.
- Apply a small amount to your skin, leave on for about 30 seconds and rinse off to reveal smooth skin! Store in an airtight container.
If you’re like me and love anything and everything pumpkin, I know you will love these recipes too:
Pin this DIY scrub for later!