These delicious pillowy pumpkin cookies with pumpkin cream cheese frosting are gluten free, and can be made dairy free for fall! Topped with spiced cream cheese, they will be your go-to cookie all season long!
Each bite of these pumpkin cookies will make you love fall even more! This recipe for pillow pumpkin cookies with spiced cream cheese frosting is sweetened naturally and made with simple gluten free, grain free and a dairy-free option.
I firmly believe that not matter what diet or meal pattern you follow, you should be able to enjoy a pumpkin treat this time of year, which is why I strive to create all types of pumpkin recipes! Sweet, savory and literally everything in between, I seriously believe there’s nothing you can’t do with pumpkin!
I wouldn’t be a good dietitian if I didn’t mention the fact that pumpkin is busting with nutrition! It contains fiber, vitamin A, C, E and potassium. It adds texture, nutrition and flavor to everything you add it too, including these cookies!
‘Tis the season for all things pumpkin spiced often topped with a think layer of cream cheese frosting. My recipe for dairy free pumpkin cream cheese frosting is a lightened up version that still tastes very fall-ish and is easy to make with cashews! Who knew?!
Soaking cashews gives them that thick and creamy cream cheese-like texture, and of course I added pumpkin puree!
Ok, but back to this pillowy pumpkin cookies! They are extra soft, melt-in-your-mouth little fall gems that would taste perfectly fine without anything on top too! I nearly make a batch for us to have every week!
Pillowy Pumpkin Cookies With Dairy-Free Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting
For the cookie dough:
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
For the frosting:
Please refer to this dairy free pumpkin cream cheese recipe! Or for a version that uses cream cheese see below:
- 4 tbsp. grass-fed butter softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl whisk together almond and coconut flour plus pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another small bowl whisk the egg with the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until combined.
- Use a cookie scoop or roughly 2 tbsp scoop to scoop the dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Use the back of a glass or mug to gently press the cookie dough down a little bit.
- Bake for approximately 12 minutes, let cool and frost if desired. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- To make the frosting:
- Place softened butter (very important that it's soft!), cream cheese and vanilla in a medium bowl (or bowl of a stand mixer).
- Beat until well combined. Add powdered sugar and pumpkin pie spice and continue to beat on high speed until fluffy.
- Spread frosting on cooled cookies and sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice
Fall in Love With These Other Healthy Pumpkin Recipes Too
- pumpkin superfood energy bites
- paleo pumpkin pie shortbread bars
- pumpkin cookie dough balls
- better than Starbucks pumpkin bread
More fall decor and fall fashion I’m loving for the season!
pin this recipe for later