Pumpkin brownie cookie balls are a no bake energy bite that taste like a combination of a pumpkin brownie and a cookie. Made gluten-free with simple ingredients, they’re a great blood-sugar friendly and pumpkin-packed snack for October!
Looking for a fun October snack that’s packed with pumpkin and chocolate?! You’ve come to the right place! These cute little pumpkin brownie cookie balls are just that and super nutritious too. Made gluten and dairy free with almond and oat flour, this recipe requires only a few simple ingredients. They’re great to make ahead and enjoy all week in the fall!
I love having a snack like these pumpkin protein balls on hand to enjoy as part of my breakfast with coffee, after lunch, or anytime I need a little something during the day. They are not overly sweet (sweetened naturally with honey), and you can feel good knowing you’re getting extra nutrition by way of pumpkin puree.
Pumpkin is a great source of vitamin A, C, E, and minerals like potassium and iron. It’s also a good source of fiber and works in a variety of sweet and savory recipes — not many other vegetables can go from muffins to pastas and even dog treats!
These bites have a luxe texture that’s everything you want in a pumpkin ball. Filled with fall spices, that nice bit of chocolate that goes so well with the pumpkin, and a silky smooth texture!
Perfect for October, I know you’ll love snacking on these pumpkin brownie cookie bites all spooky season long! The only thing scary about them is how good they are….eek!
Ingredients for Pumpkin Brownie Cookie Balls
- Pumpkin Puree — just like in pretty much all of my pumpkin recipes, this recipe calls for pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling!
- Blanched Almond Flour — almond flour it what gives these balls their incredible texture. I haven’t tested this recipe with any other flours.
- Oat Flour — coconut flour would also work in place of oat flour.
- Creamy Unsweetened Almond Butter or Creamy Unsweetened Cashew Butter — both work really well to give these bites a nice flavor the doesn’t overpower the pumpkin flavor!
- Honey — I have’t tried it but you could substitute honey for maple syrup.
- Raw Cacao Powder or Unsweetened Cocoa Powder — see below for the difference.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Cloves (optional) — in my opinion cloves really amplify the flavors of pumpkin spice and cinnamon to give these balls that quintessential fall taste and smell!
Equipment / utensils
- mixing bowl
- measuring cups
- cookie scoop
Difference Between Cacao Powder and Cocoa Powder
Cacao powder is basically the less processed version of cocoa powder. Often times cocoa powder also contains sugar and dairy as it’s what is marketed for hot chocolate. If you do find cocoa powder is easier for you to find for this recipe, look for unsweetened versions.
Both cacao powder and unsweetened cocoa powder taste similar — like unsweetened chocolate which is why they’re great to use to give these balls that chocolatey taste!
Because it’s processed less, cacao powder has higher amounts of beneficial nutrients like antioxidants and minerals like magnesium and potassium.
More Pumpkin Energy Bite Recipes
Here are some of my other favorite pumpkin energy bite recipes:
How to Make Pumpkin Brownie Cookie Balls
Pumpkin Brownie Cookie Balls
- 1 mixing bowl
- measuring cups
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 Whisk
- 1 cookie scoop
- 1/4 cup creamy unsweetened almond butter or cashew butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tbsp. oat flour
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. clove
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp. raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the almond butter, honey and pumpkin puree.
- Add the flours, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Mix until you have a pumpkin batter.
- Divide the batter in half, adding the cacao powder or cocoa powder to half of the dough. Mix until you have your brownie dough!
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop half of the cookie dough and half of the brownie dough. Use your hands to roll into a ball and refrigerate the bites for 10-15 minutes before enjoying!
- Store covered in the fridge for up to a week.