With holiday entertaining in full swing, I think it’s fun to switch things up with a fresh and flavorful dip like this festive, herby labneh. Labneh is a very thick, creamy Middle Eastern style yogurt cheese, typically complemented with zaatar spice. In this labneh recipe I used greek yogurt to achieve the texture
This simple labenh is easy to whip up in less than five minutes and makes for a beautiful and delicious addition to your table. Sometimes when we’re making a leisurely meal it’s nice to have an appetizer that we can snack on while we cook and this labneh is great in that case as well because it’s so easy to make!
Ingredients You’ll Need for this Labneh Recipe:
- Sunset® MiMi® Gourmet Tomatoes
- Labneh or plain 4% greek yogurt
- Fresh Garlic
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley
- Pita bread for dipping
Sunset® MiMi® Gourmet Tomatoes
This little tomato is seriously gourmet. With seeds sourced exclusively from the south of France, this unique snacking tomato is the perfect balance of sweetness and acidity, which makes it seriously hard to resist. Just the right amount of crunch and not too juicy, you’ll love how they taste!
MiMi Gourmet tomatoes really complement the tangy and herby flavor of the yogurt dip and really tie everything together perfectly when it comes to flavor.
I always have a container of Sunset® tomatoes for adding to salads, pasta, dips, or just snacking on with hummus. I love how flavorful they are and that all of Sunset’s products are Non-GMO Project Verified. This means they are developed the old-fashioned way, through natural plant breeding without any additives. Don’t miss my other recipes made with Sunset® produce linked below.
Labneh with Tomatoes & Delicata Squash
- 1 delicata squash washed and sliced with the seeds removed
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup Sunset® MiMi® Gourmet Tomatoes halved
- 1 cup plain 4% greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp. tahini
- 1 ½ tsp zaatar
- ½ tsp. sumac
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- pita for serving
- Preheat the oven to 415 degrees F. Toss sliced delicata squash with avocado oil and salt. Place on a baking sheet so that all of the pieces are flat and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the delicata squash roasts, prepare the labneh. In a small bowl mix together the yogurt, garlic, tahini, zaatar, sumac, cumin and salt.
- Spread the mixture on a plate or bowl. Top with roasted delicata squash, and MiMi tomatoes. Drizzle olive oil on top and sprinkle extra zaatar and fresh parsley on top.
- Use warm pita for dipping and enjoy!
More Recipes with Sunset Produce You’re Sure to Love
- Blistered Shishito Peppers with Herby Yogurt
- Wild Wonders Stuffed with Mediterranean Orzo
- Tomato White Bean Salad
- Greek Baked Feta Pasta
Pin this recipe for later