Mini no bake blueberry cheesecakes are the perfect summer treat! They’re made with a gluten-free date-nut crust and creamy blueberry layer that can be made dairy free.
Summer is heating up quite literally here in Chicago. This week it’s been in the 90s and that’s not changing anytime soon. In the spirit of turning on the oven as little as possible, I have a fun treat for you that’s perfect for a hot summer day — mini no bake blueberry cheesecakes!
These “freezer cheesecakes” are creamy, delicious and made with simple ingredients that provide extra nutrition. They’re a low mess, easy to make dessert that’s perfect for stashing in your freezer!
Made gluten free, with a dairy free option, and sweetened naturally with maple syrup, I know you’ll love them if you’re looking for something as delicious as a piece of blueberry cheesecake made healthier.
The blueberry part on top tastes like a blueberries smoothie and the crust tastes like a smoothie — win, win! It’s a great day when you forget you have a batch in your freezer only to open it up and realize there’s one in there waiting for you!
nutrition benefits of blueberries
Blueberries are a fridge and freezer staple for me because of how versatile and nutritious they are! If you’re following along on Instagram right now they you know I’m currently hosting “blueberry week” where I’m sharing more info about their nutrition benefits and different ways to use them.
Read all about why it’s a good idea to add blueberries to your diet in a wide variety of ways here!
I also recommend frozen blueberries as a freezer staple because of how cost-effective, versatile and nutritious they are too. Adding a cup or a handful of frozen blueberries to your morning smoothie adds taste, texture and nutrition. What are your favorite ways to enjoy blueberries?!
ingredients for no bake blueberry cheesecakes
- coconut oil
- sea salt
- unsweetened coconut flakes
- vanilla yogurt or non-dairy yogurt (I like siggi’s regular and non-dairy yogurts)
- unsweetened almond milk or non dairy milk of your choice
how to make mini blueberry cheesecakes
Making these no bake cheesecakes is easier than you might think! To make this blueberry recipe you will simply need to combine all of the ingredients for the crust in a food processor until a sticky “dough” forms.
Use a tablespoon to portion out the crust into each muffin liner. Press it firmly into the liner using the back of a spoon. Then place the muffin tin in the freezer for the crust to set.
While the crusts are setting, whip up the blueberry layer by simply combining all of the “cheesecake” layer ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend to combine. Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to portion the mixture on top of each crust and return the cheesecakes bake to the freezer to set for at least 4-6 hours.
Mini No Bake Blueberry Cheesecakes
- for the crust:
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 1/2 cups pitted dates
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
for the filling:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt or non-dairy yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened nut milk
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Line a standard muffin tin with 12 muffin liners and set aside. Prepare the cheesecake crust.
- Add all crust ingredients to a food processor and pulse until well combined. Mixture will be thick and sticky.
- Use a tablespoon to portion out and press crust mixture into the base of lined muffin tin. Place in the freezer to set.
- Prepare the cheesecake filling by adding all filling ingredients to a high-speed blender. Blend on highest speed until mixture is thick and creamy, about 45-60 seconds.
- Remove cheesecake crusts from freezer. Use a cookie scoop or a tablespoon to measure out the filling, adding on top of each crust, so that they are about 3/4 of the way full.
- Return to freezer to set completely, at least 6 hours or overnight.
- When ready to have remove from the freezer and let thaw on the counter for about 3-4 minutes. They’ll be easy to pop out of the muffin tin at that point!
- Store in the freezer and enjoy!
more blueberry recipes you’re sure to love
- blueberry brioche french toast
- blueberry sweet potato greens & grains salad
- honey oat blueberry banana bread
pin this recipe for later!