No bean pumpkin turkey chili is a bowl of cozy made with turkey, pumpkin, and peppers. It’s gluten free, dairy free and perfect for cooler weather! Top it with avocado slices for a meal that perfect for the colder months!
Fall is a magical time in Chicago where the streets turn crispy with different colored leaves under your feet and the golden sunshine glistens off the pumpkins lining cozy brownstones.
This delicious no bean pumpkin turkey chili is perfect for cooler nights and crispy days that remind us all why we love fall so much. It’s a one pot recipe that can definitely be made in a slow cooker too.
I love topping a bowl with avocado, cilantro and Siete nacho tortilla chips if I’m being honest!
Pumpkin turkey chili is packed with extra veggies like canned tomatoes, peppers, and my trick for even more nutrition is to add a cup of spinach once it’s done cooking or serve it in the halves of a pepper like I did!
What I also like about this no bean turkey pumpkin chili is that the leftovers taste even better than the first bowl. The flavors really “marinate” after a day, making it a great go-to for lunch or dinner for the next couple of days.
You only need one pot to make this recipe and is high in protein, fiber and vitamins and minerals from all the added vegetables. Pumpkin is packed with nutrition like vitamin A, C, E and fiber — a true fall superfood that goes great in both sweet and savory meals!
Ingredients for Pumpkin Turkey Chili
- ground turkey
- pumpkin puree
- canned tomatoes
- bell pepper
- vegetable broth
- tomato paste
- chili powder
- cocoa powder
- pumpkin pie spice
- salt & pepper
Here I put the chili into a pepper, what I call a “pepperwich”, or “pepperwitch” if you’re making this in October! To learn about what a “pepperwich” actually is and how to make one yourself, be sure to check out this post!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s even better the next day for lunch! The flavors complement each other even more the next day! It’s great because you can cook it once and eat it at least twice!
- This recipe can be made vegetarian by swapping the meat for 1 cup of quinoa.
- This recipe freezes well. Can’t finish a whole batch yourself? No problem! Freeze the rest and reheat when you’re in the mood for chili.
Warm up with a bowl of this healthy pumpkin turkey chili! It’s packed with protein and fiber and is made in one pot for easy clean up! Get creative with fun healthy toppings like greens, avocado or yogurt.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1⅓ pounds ground turkey or chicken (90 to 93 percent lean)
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium bell pepper (red, yellow, or orange), diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 28-ounce can diced fire roasted tomatoes with liquid
- ¼ cup tomato paste, no salt added
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- high protein, low sugar plain yogurt
- sliced avocado
- pumpkin seeds
- hot sauce
- cheddar cheese
Make this chili vegetarian by substituting 2 cans of black beans for the turkey
Keywords: pumpkin turkey chili; pumpkin chili
Fall in Love With These Pumpkin Recipes Too
- Pumpkin Chickpea Blondies (GF & DF)
- Pumpkin Superfood Bites (GF & DF)
- Pumpkin Flax Overnight Oats (GF & DF)
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins ( GF, DF, low sugar)
Pumpkin Decor & More I’m Loving for Fall
Pin this no bean pumpkin turkey chili for later!