Pumpkin dark chocolate chip oat cookies are simply made with gluten free oats, pumpkin and dark chocolate chips. Every bite is chewy and delicious with hints of pumpkin and dark chocolate chips.
What I love most about this pumpkin oatmeal cookie recipe is that it’s super simple to make with ingredients that I’m betting are already in your pantry! Each bite it chewy, and spiced to perfection with pumpkin and dark chocolate chips. A great cookie recipe to add to your holiday baking line up this season.
If you follow me on Instagram, then you know I’m in total support of making pumpkin a year-round food and like putting it in baked goods all of the time for the delicious taste and extra nutrition!
Pumpkin adds more vitamin A, C, E and fiber and potassium to each bite, plus the oats give these cookies more fiber. Win, win! Here I added dark chocolate chips but feel free to use whichever chocolate chips you like — dried cranberries would also be delicious!
ingredients for pumpkin dark chocolate chip oat cookies
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- egg (or flax egg)
- neutral olive oil
- coconut sugar
- vanilla extract
- oat flour
- gluten free rolled oats –I like using Quaker oats in all my recipes! Regular old-fashioned oats will also work in this recipe!
- pumpkin pie spice
- baking soda salt
- dark chocolate chocolate chips
Be sure to also try these soft pumpkin oatmeal cookies with maple icing!
Pumpkin Dark Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg or flax egg
- 1/4 cup neutral olive oil
- 6 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl combine pumpkin puree, egg, olive oil, coconut sugar and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the oat flour, gluten free oats, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir together with a wooden spoon. Fold in the chocolate chips. Let the batter sit for 3-4 minutes so that the oats absorb some of the liquid.
- Use a cookie scoop to portion out the batter on a lined baking sheet. Cookies will spread so make sure you give them enough room.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes, let cook and enjoy!
more pumpkin cookie recipes you’re sure to love
- vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
- pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies
- pumpkin cheesecake cookies
- pillowy pumpkin cookies with cream cheese frosting
pin this recipe for later