Wild Wonders® peppers stuffed with Mediterranean orzo are made with bold, beautifully colored sweet peppers stuffed with a creamy blend of orzo, olives, tomatoes, fresh herbs, spices and feta cheese.
Packed with fresh flavors and easy to assemble, these Wild Wonders® peppers stuffed with mediterranean orzo make for a great veggie-forward meal or side dish to any summer meal. The mediterranean flavors of tomatoes, peppers, olives and feta cheese are ones I never get sick of eating in different ways which is why I wanted to combine them into a fun meal I know you’ll love too.
Have you ever seen peppers so colorful and gorgeous? These Wild Wonders® peppers from Sunset® are known for their beautiful colors and extra sweet taste which shines through in the recipe where they are roasted (or grilled) and stuffed with a mediterranean orzo salad.
Wild Wonders® peppers are a bright mix of red, yellow, orange and chocolate-colored peppers and are way sweeter than bell peppers — stuff ‘em or slice ‘em, you’ll step up any dish by adding these peppers into the mix!
SUNSET® produce is always in my cart at the grocery store because of its unmatched quality and their overall dedication to freshness and innovation in the produce department. From peppers to tomatoes to cucumbers and more, there are endless possibilities for how you can use their produce to elevate a meal in numerous ways.
Peppers are an excellent source of Vitamin C and super versatile. From snacking to stuffed, they really add a nice crunch to any meal occasion! I especially love how sweet these Wild Wonders® peppers are and how their bold colors can make any meal more fun!
Ingredients for orzo stuffed peppers
- SUNSET® Wild Wonders® peppers
- Kalamata olives
- Cherry tomatoes
- Feta or goat cheese
- Artichoke hearts
- olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Salt & pepper
Wild Wonders® Peppers Stuffed with Mediterranean Orzo
- 2 packages Wild Wonders® peppers
- 1 tsp. + 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup Kalamata olives quartered
- ½ cup artichoke hearts quartered
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tsp. oregano
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Wash and slice each pepper lengthwise removing the inside stems and seeds.
- Toss with olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Place on the lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- While the peppers are roasting, prepare the orzo according to the package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Next, sauté the zucchini and tomatoes until tender. Let cool and toss with sliced tomatoes, olives, artichoke hearts, oregano, lemon juice and crumbled feta cheese. Toss everything together with the cooled orzo including the 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Spoon orzo salad into the peppers, filling each one to the top. Serve immediately and enjoy!
More recipes using SUNSET® produce that you’re sure to love:
- Roasted chickpea and tomato salad
- Tomato peach pasta salad
- Twisted taco salad
- Salad stuffed Aloha™ peppers
- Greek baked feta pasta
- Pizza pepper poppers
- Tomato white bean salad
- BBQ chickpea sweet potatoes with organic Campari® tomatoes
Pin this recipe for later!