These no bake pumpkin chickpea cookie dough balls are the perfect, bite-sized treat! They’re low in sugar, gluten and dairy free and packed with nutrition!
I’m a huge fan of both any and all things cookie dough, and any and all things pumpkin, which is exactly how this recipe for pumpkin cookie dough bites was born!
I wanted an energy ball that wasn’t filled with nuts or seeds, but rather reminded me of the cookie dough pieces I’m always on the hunt for in my ice cream, with a pumpkin twist! Would you expect anything less from me?!
If you follow me on Instagram, than you know I believe pumpkin is a year round food and am determined to make as many things with it as I possibly can! The obsession is real, and if you’re reading this I can bet that you LOVE all things pumpkin too!
Speaking of pumpkin recipes, mark your calendars because The Great Big Pumpkin Cookbook (my new cookbook!) is hitting shelves on July 7th, 2020! Available for pre-order here!
These bites are perfect after lunch when you need a little treat, or anytime you need a little pumpkin pick me up. Both pumpkin and chickpeas are high in fiber, giving this snack more staying power.
If you happen not to have a can of pumpkin puree on hand, this recipe turns out without the pumpkin too.
nutrition benefits of pumpkin
Pumpkin is a great source of vitamin A and C as well and potassium and fiber. It adds to the texture of these bites and gives them a little fall flare!
I love that this recipe is naturally sweetened with maple syrup, and a little bit of chocolate. They’re not super sweet, but definitely satisfy that craving for a pumpkin treat!
no bake pumpkin cookie dough ball ingredients:
- pumpkin puree
- peanut butter – I recommend creamy unsweetened peanut butter
- maple syrup
- vanilla protein powder
- pumpkin pie spice
- vanilla extract
- chocolate chips – I love Lily’s Sweet chocolate chips and use them in all my baked goods!
- salt / flakey sea salt
Pumpkin Cookie Dough Bites
- 1 can chickpeas garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup creamy unsweetened peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup milk or dark chocolate chips I used Lily's Sweets chocolate chips
- sea salt flakes
- Add all of the ingredients together in a bowl of a food processor, pulse to combine.
- Once pulsed for a couple of minutes you should start to see a thick dough.
- Remove from food processor and stir in chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out roughly, a 2 tbsp. serving. Roll in the palm of your hands into a ball and place on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Repeat with remaining dough. Sprinkle the batch with a little bit of flakey sea salt and or drizzle with extra melted chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before grabbing a bite!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Other pumpkin recipes you’ll love:
- gluten free pumpkin chickpea blondies
- better than starbucks pumpkin bread
- gluten free pumpkin banana bread
- cookie dough overnight oats
Here are a few other pumpkin items I am loving for fall!
pin this pumpkin recipe for later!