Pumpkin gingerbread swirl bread is born when fall meets the holiday season! It’s sweetened naturally and has all the festive flavors of pumpkin puree, molasses and spices like ginger, pumpkin pie spice and nutmeg. Pick up a can of Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin and add this recipe to your list this holiday season!
This post was created in partnership with Libby’s, however all opinions are my own and as always I appreciate your support!
I love baking up a loaf of pumpkin bread in the fall (let’s be real) anytime of year, and this pumpkin gingerbread loaf is perfect for the holiday season! The flavors of pumpkin and gingerbread complement each other perfectly in this loaf made with Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin.
Did you know pumpkin is packed with nutrition? That’s one of the many reasons why I love it! Bursting with vitamin C, E, A as well as potassium and fiber, it’s easy to add to just about any food or baked goods, and why just keep it to the fall?! As you might have guessed, I’m a pumpkin year round person! 🙂
I only buy Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin because when you see a can of their 100% Pure Pumpkin, you know you can trust it for all of your cooking and baking needs. Their pumpkins go from farm to can in just a few hours, so they preserve as much of that awesome pumpkin color and flavor we love as possible.
Their pumpkin puree is 100% natural with no artificial colors or preservatives. Just that amazing taste of pumpkin that we all know and love! Libby’s fresh-from-the-farm flavor shines through in so many different pumpkin recipes — from sweet to savory and everything in between. Grab more recipes that use pumpkin puree below!
Pumpkin gingerbread swirl bread is perfect for breakfast on a chilly December morning while you’re sitting by your Christmas tree and enjoying a nice cup of coffee. It’s made with simple ingredients and uses the entire 15oz can of Libby’s 100% Pumpkin Puree.
I love creating different variations of pumpkin bread (more linked below) and this pumpkin gingerbread swirl bread is definitely one of my favorites for the season. It’s fall meets holiday season, and if you’re not ready to give up on pumpkin just yet (let’s be honest, I won’t all year!) you have to bake up a loaf.
Molasses gives it a little bit of spicy sweetness and of course there’s no shortage of pumpkin and pumpkin spice to add to that taste we all know and love!
Ingredients for Pumpkin Gingerbread Swirl Bread:
- Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin Puree
- Whole wheat pastry flour
- Butter or coconut oil
- Maple syrup
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Baking soda
Pumpkin Gingerbread Swirl Bread
- 1 15 ounce can Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup butter or coconut oil melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 ¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. allspice
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a bread pan with cooking spray or butter to prevent bread from sticking.
- Add pumpkin puree, maple syrup, melted butter, eggs and vanilla to a large bowl. Whisk together until smooth.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, ginger and allspice until well combined. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Divide the batter in half and add molasses to one of the mixtures. Mix it into the batter until well combined. The color will get a bit darker.
- Alternate scooping the batter from each bowl so that you have batter of different colors next to each other. For the top layer, use mostly the molasses batter to cover the last layer, then dollop spoonfuls of regular pumpkin bread on top.
- Use a knife to swirl the batters together ever so slight. Over swirling will start to look messy when it bakes!
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool in pan for about 10 minutes before removing and cutting into slices!
- Store bread covered on the counter for a couple of days or covered in the fridge for up to a week.
Fall in Love With These Pumpkin Recipes Too
- Pumpkin Roll
- Better Than Starbucks Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Carrot Breakfast Bread
- Pumpkin Zucchini Bread
- Pumpkin Gingerbread Muffins
Pin this recipe for later!