This taco salad radish, black jalapeños, pumpkin seeds, purple cabbage and avocado jalapeno lime dressing is super fresh, flavorful and easy to make for lunch or dinner!
Topped with Sunset® Kaboom!® Black Jalapeños, you’ll love the more mellower taste of jalapeno that these black jalapeños give the salad and the dressing!
A black jalapeno?! Yes, you read that right! These jalapeños are a dark green to black color and are the mellower, juicier cousin to the green jalapeno.
Crunchy radish, pumpkin seeds, black jalapenos and purple cabbage all give this taco salad a traditional twist. I love how the different textures come together really nicely to create a satisfying salad.
My golden rule when it comes to making a salad that is not only delicious, but actually fills you up and keeps you full is a mix of different textures (like the crunchy radishes, cabbage and jalapenos here) plus a source of protein and fat, like avocado. Chicken, fish or quinoa would all be delicious on top of this salad and the pumpkin seeds provide extra plant-based protein too!
Jalapenos are a good source of vitamin C and A and antioxidants that help protect us from free radicals. They automatically enhance the flavor and texture of anything you add them too! One of my favorite ways to use them to add them to guacamole for that slight spice and texture in every bite.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy them?
About Kaboom! ® Black Jalapenos
A mellower and juicier cousin to the traditional green jalapeno, KABOOM!® lends just the right amount of kick to salsa, nachos, or salads. Throw this ebony pepper on the grill and your taste
buds will explode with flavor! They’re juicier and pack less “heat” than traditional green jalapenos, which is great if you’re not a huge fan of spice.
You may be wondering how a black jalapeno comes to be and if there are GMO’s involved. All of Sunset’s products are Non-GMO Project Verified. This means they are developed the old-fashioned way, through natural plant breeding without any additives.
Twisted Taco Salad with Avocado Jalapeno Lime Dressing
for the salad:
- 4 cups lettuce I like using two different kinds of lettuce when making a salad to give it more “lift”
- 1 cup radish sliced
- 1 ½ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 4-5 KABOOM® jalapeños sliced
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- Avocado jalapeno lime dressing:
- ½ large avocado or 1 small avocado cut in half and pitted
- 6 tbsp of olive oil
- Juice from 2 limes about ¼ cup
- 2 KABOOM® jalapeños seeds and veins removed
- A handful of cilantro leaves add more to taste
- Salt to taste
- Wash and toss all of the ingredients for the salad together. Top with pumpkin seeds and feta cheese.
- For the dressing, place all of the ingredients together in a blender and blend until smooth. Top the salad with the dressing and enjoy!
Thank you Sunset for sponsoring this recipe. I am proud to work with companies that help to make fruits and vegetable consumption more fun and delicious!
More pepper recipes you are sure to love:
pin this recipe for later!