- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp. tapioca starch
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 2 large carrots peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Cook brown rice or quinoa according to package directions.
- Stir coconut aminos, water, rice wine vinegar, honey, garlic and ginger in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons warm water and arrowroot powder until it is completely dissolved.
- Heat sauce over medium high heat. Slowly whisk in arrow root starch mixture and simmer until thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add turkey into the pan and cook until turkey is about half cooked. Add grated carrots, broccoli and water chestnuts plus any other veggies you wish and continue to cook until turkey is no longer pink.
- Pour teriyaki sauce over cooked turkey and vegetable mixture and stir. Simmer for about five minutes to combine the flavors.
- Wash and cut each pepper in half, removing the stems and seeds. Leave raw or heat in the oven at 350 degrees F on a baking sheet for 10 minutes to roast.
- Spoon turkey and veggies over peppers filled slightly with quinoa or brown rice, garnish with green onions, and sesame seeds and enjoy!
Keywords: teriyaki turkey stuffed peppers