Delicious savory and sweet turmeric coconut basmati rice bowls made with roasted chickpeas, greens, grapes, pickled red onions and roasted chicken. It’s a power bowl bursting with color and flavor that’s sure to brighten up your palate.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. garlic power
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup U.S. grown basmati rice
- 1 ¼ cup water
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp. turmeric
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 ½ cups greens
- ½ cup red seedless grapes, washed and halved
- ½ cup pickled or raw red onion
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 servings cooked chicken (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Drain the can of chickpeas and dry them off with a paper towel. Spread them on a baking sheet and season with olive oil, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While the chickpeas roast make the coconut turmeric rice. In a medium-sized pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat and the minced garlic, cooking until fragrant. Add the rinsed basmati rice, cooking for about a minute by itself before adding turmeric, black pepper and salt and then the water and coconut milk.
- Stir everything together until combined and bring to a boil before reducing to low heat. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is creamy and plump.
- Assemble the bowls with a base of greens topped with coconut turmeric basmati rice, crispy chickpeas, halved grapes, pickled red onion, feta. Add cooked or rotisserie style chicken if desired or leave off for a plant-based version. These bowls are also delicious with a big dollop of hummus on top! Enjoy!
Keywords: basmati rice; coconut turmeric rice