Take your canned salmon up a notch with these turmeric salmon oat cakes! I get it, eating seafood at least two times a week can be hard. That’s why I cooked up this recipe that pairs fiber-filled oats with high-protein salmon topped off with the spicy heat of healthy turmeric!
Throw these on top of a salad or eat them plain on a bed of greens to reap the benefits. This recipe makes for an easy dinner or leftovers the next day. I’m a big fan of canned salmon and get why to others it might be the least appetizing thing ever. This recipe for turmeric salmon oat cakes will make you want to pick up a can the next time you are grocery shopping, I promise!
Turmeric is the spice that gives curry powder its color, and contains anti-inflammatory properties known to prevent disease. I’ll be honest, I don’t love turmeric on everything, but when it’s hidden in a recipe like this one but I can still reap the benefits, I’ll take it!
Be sure to check out my other high protein recipes with and bold flavor with these homemade chicken fingers! P.s. if those recipes got you thinking of pumpkin be sure to check out all of my favorites on my Amazon list!
Turmeric Salmon Oat Cakes
- 1 can salmon opt for boneless sockeye if possible I like this brand
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon rind
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. turmeric*
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 tbsp. your favorite hummus
- Place oats in a food processor. Pulse until ground, about 10 seconds. Transfer to a bowl. Add egg, salmon, mustard, 2 teaspoons lemon rind, salt, pepper, turmeric, and garlic powder.
- Mix to combine.
- Fill a 1/3-cup dry measuring cup with salmon mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Add salmon cakes to pan by patting the mixture out of the measuring cup as you flip it over.
- Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, until bottoms are golden.
- Arrange arugula on a plate. Drizzle with squeezed lemon juice. Place salmon cakes over arugula. Add hummus and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for your support!
Pin these turmeric salmon oat cakes!
2 thoughts on “Turmeric Salmon Oat Cakes”
Saved the blog as a favorite, I really like your blog and articles!
Thanks so much!