Make vanilla almond butter that tastes exactly like the RX Bar version at home with this easy and recipe with extra protein! It’s amazing with a banana or simply on toast!
Ever since RX Bar launched their nut butter packets I’ve been hooked! They were a great snack on my recent trip to Thailand, and are perfect for having after the gym or on-the-go with an apple or banana. The flavor combination of almond and vanilla is super good and just really natural tasting — not fake at all like other flavored things can be.
All of the flavors of the RX bar nut butter packets are delicious (hello maple!) and I got to thinking (because my supply of vanilla almond butter was dwindling) that there’s got to be an easy way to redo the recipe at home. Enter this recipe for vanilla almond butter with a protein twist that tastes just as good as the real thing.
Ingredients for Vanilla Almond Butter (Copy Cat RX Bar Vanilla Almond Butter)
All you need to make this recipe is raw almonds, vanilla extract, 1-2 dates and collagen peptides for a boost of protein. My favorite way to eat it is with a banana for a quick snack that contains healthy carbs, fat and protein. You’ll love how easy it is to make your own nut butter at home!
- Raw Almonds
- Coconut Oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Collagen (optional)
Equipment / Utensils:
Check out this reel I made for this recipe on Instagram!
Vanilla Almond Butter (Copycat RX Bar Vanilla Almond Butter)
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1-2 pitted dates (for less sweetness only use 1)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Slather this dreamy vanilla almond copycat RX Bar almond butter on just about anything for a delicious creamy snack. It’s easy to make and cost effectice!
- In a food processor combine almonds, collagen peptides, date(s), vanilla and coconut oil.
- Continue pulsing for 3-4 minutes until it looks like almond butter is starting to form at the bottom of your bowl. At first the nuts will look like they are just finely chopped–don’t worry it will start turning to almond butter!
- Scrap the sides of the food processor bowl occasionally.
- Once the nut butter is at a spreadable consistency, scrape out of food processor and into a glass jar.
- Store in the fridge for up to two weeks.
More Recipes with Nut Butter You’re Sure to Love
- Pumpkin Spice Almond Butter(GF & DF)
- Pumpkin Chickpea Blondies (GF & DF)
- Peanut Butter Banana Cookies (GF & DF)
- Peanut Butter Pumpkin Dog Treats (GF & DF)
Pin this Vanilla Almond Butter (Copycat RX Bar Vanilla Almond Butter) for later!