Make copycat RX Bar vanilla almond butter in the comfort of your own home with this easy and delicious recipe! It’s amazing with a banana or simply on toast!
Ever since RX Bar launched their nut butter packets I’ve been hooked! They were a great snack on my recent trip to Thailand, and are perfect for having after the gym or on-the-go around the city. Sometimes I eat them with a banana, but to be totally honest eating one by itself is super satisfying too!
All of the flavors of the RX bar nut butter packets are delicious (hello maple!) and I got to thinking (because my supply of vanilla almond butter was dwindling) that there’s got to be an easy way to redo the recipe at home. Enter this recipe for vanilla almond butter with a protein twist that tastes just as good as the real thing.
All you need to make this recipe is raw almonds, vanilla extract, 1-2 dates and collagen peptides for a boost of protein. My favorite way to eat it is with a banana for a quick snack that contains healthy carbs, fat and protein. I am a true nut butter lover–from peanut butter to pumpkin seed butter, I’ve tried them all and like making my own at home too!
If you’re like me, then I know you will also love this recipe for pumpkin spice almond butter!Print
Slather this dreamy vanilla almond copycat RX Bar almond butter on just about anything for a delicious, creamy snack. It’s easy to make and cost effective!
2 cups raw almonds
2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen
2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1-2 pitted dates (for less sweetness only use 1)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a food processor combine almonds, collagen peptides, date(s), vanilla and coconut oil.
- Continue pulsing for 4-5 minutes until it looks like almond butter is starting to form at the bottom of your bowl. At first the nuts will look like they are just finely chopped–don’t worry it will start turning to almond butter!
- Scrap the sides of the food processor bowl occasionally if needed.
- Once the nut butter is at a spreadable consistency, scrape it out of food processor and into a glass mason jar.
- Store in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Pin this Copycat RX Bar Vanilla Almond Butter for later!