Veggie and rice spring rolls are a fun and flavorful appetizer or meal that’s bursting with color and crunchy texture. Fun to assemble, and delicious!
- 1 ½ cup cooked U.S.-grown medium-grain white rice
- 1 cup butter lettuce
- ½ cup shredded purple cabbage
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into strips
- 2 Persian (mini) cucumbers or 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- ½ cup radish, thinly sliced and halved
- 2 tbsp. fresh mint leaves or Thai basil
- 8 sheets rice paper (spring roll wrappers)
For the peanut sauce:
- ⅓ cup creamy unsweetened peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. reduced-sodium tamari or coconut aminos
- ½ of a lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 to 3 tbsp. water, as needed
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds
- 2 tsp. green onion, chopped
- Cook rice according to package directions in a rice cooker or on the stovetop.
- Prepare all of the veggies by washing and cutting them.
- Soak spring roll wrappers in warm water until pliable. I recommend doing one at a time.
- Place spring roll wrapper on a cutting board and start by filling with 2 tbsp of rice in the middle. Alternate stacking cucumber, carrots, lettuce, cabbage and radish on top (just a thin layer as to not overfill), finally topping with mint.
- Start wrapping up the spring roll by folding up the sides first, then the bottom, then roll over the top of the wrapper until fully wrapped up. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Cut spring rolls in half, and place on a plate cut side up.
- Mix together all of the ingredients for the peanut sauce except for the sesame seeds and green onion. Once a creamy consistency has been reached topped with sesame seeds and green onion.
- Use peanut sauce for dipping rice spring rolls in and enjoy!
Keywords: spring rolls; veggie spring rolls with rice