Whipped beet feta dip is simply made with four ingredients including feta cheese, cooked beets, lemon juice and salt. The perfect dip for crudités and crackers, this beet dip is perfectly pink and extra nutritious!
Perfectly pink for spring, this whipped feta beet dip is a great appetizer for Easter, Mother’s Day and any springtime get together. I love the pop of color and nutrition thanks to beets and how easy it is to make just by throwing all of the ingredients into your food processor. Win, win!
How to Enhance the Flavor of this Beet Dip
Salty feta brightens up the earthy taste of beets giving this dip a really balanced flavor that’s fresh and delicious. Sprinkle fresh dill on top with pine nuts and a drizzle of your best olive oil and it’s ready for serving. Pair with veggies and crackers
This whipped beet feta dip is sure to pop on your table and be a crowd favorite for many spring seasons to come. If you make it this season, be sure to tag me @onceuponapumpkin!
Nutrition Benefits of Beets
Beets are a super nutritious root veggie that contain:
- naturally occurring nitrates
Naturally occurring nitrates help to lower blood pressure. Several studies have also shown that the nitrates found in beets may also boost athletic performance by improving the efficiency of mitochondria, which are responsible for producing energy in your cells.
Growing up in a Polish household, there were a lot of beet dishes — none of which I particularly wanted to eat as a kid. Fast-forward to now and I love adding beets to salads, wraps, sandwiches and dips like this one!
Ingredients for Whipped Feta Beet Dip
- Feta Cheese — I’m a big fan of buying the big block of feta cheese because I love using it on salads and for dips like this.
- Cooked Beets — I love using LoveBeets ready-to-eat beets because they’ve done all the hard work for you and you can just pop them out of the container and into your food processor for this dip.
- Lemon juice — lemon helps to brighten up the flavors and adds an element of freshness for spring.
- Fresh Dill — fresh dill is the chefs kiss on top of this dip. Dill, beets and feta are a power trio of flavor!
- Pine Nuts — you could also top this dips with silvered almonds, or pumpkin seeds.
equipment / utensils
- food processor
- small bowl for serving
How to Make This Beet Dip
Making this dip couldn’t be easier. Simply combine all of the ingredients into a food processor until well combined and smooth. Then, use a spatula to scoop out the dip and place in a small bowl or spread around on a plate.
Top the dip with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, lots of fresh dill and pine nuts if desired.
What to Pair This Dip With
- Pita Chips
- Grape Tomatoes
- Mini Peppers
- Thinly sliced radishes
- Sugar Snap Peas
Whipped Feta Beet Dip
- 1 food processor
- 1 spatula
- 1 small serving bowl
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked beets (4-5 small beets)
- juice of half of a small to medium-sized lemon
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh dill
- 2 tsp. pine nuts
- Add feta, beets, lemon juice and salt to your food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Use a spatula to transfer the dip into a serving bowl. Top with olive oil, fresh dill and pine nuts. Enjoy!
More Recipes with Feta and for Spring You’re Sure to Love:
- Whipped Feta Greek Salad Toast
- Greek Baked Feta Pasta
- Easy Lemon Dill Salmon Cakes
- Gluten Free Lemon Banana Chia Muffins
Pin this recipe for later!