Whole roasted cauliflower with tahini and spicy herb sauce is a dinner table stunner! Definitely not your average cauliflower, the creamy tahini and spicy green herb sauce are the chefs kiss on top of the head of cauliflower roasted to golden brown perfection.
for the cauliflower:
- 1 medium-sized head of cauliflower
- 3 tbsp. avocado oil
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
for the tahini dressing:
- 1/2 cup tahini
- juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup water + more if needed to thin out the dressing
for the spicy herb sauce:
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 cup cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 jalapeños, deseeded
- splash of lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. sumac
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Fill a large pot with about 2 inches of water and bring to a boil. Add the whole head of cauliflower and cover to steam for about 10-12 minutes. Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F.
- Use tongs to lift the cauliflower out of the water and on to a baking sheet topped with a cooling rack. Placing the cauliflower on top of the rack allows for heat to circulate around the entire cauliflower.
- Top with avocado oil, and salt and place in the oven to roast for approximately 50-55 minutes until the florets are golden brown.
- While the cauliflower is roasting make the tahini sauce by whisking together all of the ingredients until a creamy, drippy sauce forms. Add 1 tbsp. of water at a time after the initial amount of water and whisk until the consistency is thin enough to drizzle.
- Next, prepare the spicy green herb sauce by adding all of the ingredients to a food processor. Pulse until well combined and set aside.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven. Place on a dish or plate and drizzle with the tahini and then the spicy green sauce. Garnish with a dash of salt, fresh mint and sliced chili peppers if desired. Enjoy!
Keywords: whole roasted cauliflower; cauliflower; tahini