Moist, fluffy and spiced to perfect with pumpkin puree and fall spices, these whole wheat pumpkin muffins make for an amazing treat for fall! Sip on pumpkin coffee while you enjoy each bite!
- 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- ¾ cup LIBBY’S 100% PURE PUMPKIN
- 3 tbsp. melted butter or coconut oil
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin tin with liners. Spray the inside with cooking spray to prevent muffins from sticking.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the whole-wheat pastry flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate larger bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, melted butter or coconut oil, non-dairy milk, light brown sugar, egg and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and use a wooden spoon to gently mix together until just combined. Don’t over mix! Muffin batter should be slightly clumpy not totally smooth.
- Portion the batter into each muffin well. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds or leave plain to drizzle with melted white chocolate when baked.*
- Bake for approximately 22-25 minutes, let cool and enjoy!
* if drizzling with melted white chocolate chips, melt white chocolate chips in the microwave in increments of 10 seconds, stirring with a spoon in between each time. Use a fork to drizzle over each muffin once cooled.
Keywords: pumpkin muffins; whole wheat pumpkin muffins