Peppers stuffed with Mediterranean orzo make for a plant-based dinner or side dish that bursting with fresh flavor from olives, tomatoes, artichokes, lemon, zucchini and feta.
- 2 packages Wild Wonders® peppers
- 1 tsp. + 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, quartered
- ½ cup artichoke hearts, quartered
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tsp. oregano
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Wash and slice each pepper lengthwise removing the inside stems and seeds.
- Toss with olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Place on the lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- While the peppers are roasting, prepare the orzo according to the package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Next, sauté the zucchini and tomatoes until tender. Let cool and toss with sliced tomatoes, olives, artichoke hearts, oregano, lemon juice and crumbled feta cheese. Toss everything together with the cooled orzo including the 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Spoon orzo salad into the peppers, filling each one to the top. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Keywords: orzo stuffed peppers