Flavorful and fun chicken taco stuffed pepper boats with cheese, shredded lettuce, avocado and salsa will quickly become your new favorite easy weeknight dinner!
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 small jalapeno, diced (optional for more heat)
- 1 package Wild Wonders® Peppers
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican-style cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup, salsa
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a sauté pan heat the olive oil, minced garlic and diced onion until fragrant being careful not to burn.
- Add the ground chicken and use a wooden spoon to break it up into smaller pieces while it browns. Once mostly brown add in the spice, canned tomatoes and diced jalapeno if desired. Stir together.
- Remove from heat and set aside. Slice each pepper lengthwise removing the seeds.
- Spoon the chicken taco mixture into each pepper shell. Top with cheese and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for approximately 10 minutes until peppers are softened.
- Remove from the oven and top each pepper with shredded lettuce along with sliced or diced avocado, fresh salsa and cilantro. Enjoy!
Keywords: stuffed pepper taco boat; chicken taco; stuffed peppers