This winter citrus quinoa salad makes for a great lunch or side dish during the winter months. The flavors are bright and fresh and come together deliciously for a nutritious meal!
- 1 cup sprouted quinoa
- 2 1/2 cups lacinato kale, washed and de-stemed
- 1/2 of a lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 blood oranges, cut into segments
- 1 grapefruit, cut into segments
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese**
- Cook quinoa according to package directions
- While the quinoa is cooking, wash and de-stem the kale. Massage in a bowl with lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper.
- Cut up segments of your favorite citrus and add it to the bowl along with sliced avocado, and blueberries.
- Add cooked quinoa, top with feta cheese and enjoy!
** omit or substitute for nutritional yeast for a dairy free version.
Keywords: winter citrus quinoa salad