Winter spice citrus oats with cinnamon, fresh ginger, orange zest and citrus slices makes for a flavorful and fun breakfast time option for the winter months.
This post was created in partnership with The Quaker Oats Company. As always all opinions are my own and I appreciate your support!
Winter spice citrus oats with cinnamon, fresh ginger, orange zest and fresh citrus slices makes for a flavorful and fun breakfast time option for the winter months.
One of the ways I keep things fun in the breakfast department is by infusing seasonal ingredients into different breakfast foods, like these winter spice citrus oats. Citrus slices add a pop of fresh color that naturally brightens up the any winter day.
Oats are like a blank canvas you can add more flavor and nutrition to. I love thinking of fun ways to spice them up based on the time of year. I always have a canister of Quaker Oats in my pantry and like thinking of different ways I can use them during breakfast time and beyond.
A ½ cup serving of oats is a good source of fiber, — all the more reason to always keep a canister in your pantry!
Winter Spice Oatmeal
Fresh orange, winter spices and pomegranate seeds were the inspiration behind these fun and flavorful oats that are great for this time of year. Grating fresh orange zest into the oats gives them a refreshing scent to help start your morning off on a good note and tart citrus slices complement the oats perfectly.
I really like that you can make these in advance and pull them out of your fridge for a tasty breakfast time option . It’s important to take the time for yourself amidst a busy start to the new year and help provide morning fuel you want.
Ingredients for Winter Spice Citrus Oats
- Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
- unsweetened non-dairy milk (almond or oat)
- fresh ginger
- chia seeds / hemp seeds
- orange zest
- citrus slices
- Mixing bowl
- Microplane (optional for zesting the orange)
Winter Spice Citrus Oatmeal
- ½ cup Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk almond or oat
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. chia seeds / hemp seeds
- dash of cinnamon
- fresh orange zest
- 1/4 cup citrus slices think orange, cara cara or blood orange
- Cook oats according to package directions with non-dairy milk. Grate fresh orange zest, ginger and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Remove from stove top, place in a bowl and top with citrus segments, and hemp seeds. If desired banana slices and drizzle of almond butter. Enjoy!
More Recipes With Oats You’re Sure to Love:
- Almond butter & jelly overnight oats
- 4 unique ways to use oats
- Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal
- Gluten-free blueberry banana oat muffins
Pin this recipe for later!