The Best Healthy Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
Maggie Michalczyk, RDN
Wake up with a stack of these extra-fluffy, delicious and healthy pumpkin pancakes! Perfect for a cozy weekend brunch, you will love these pancakes that taste just like fall!
not pumpkin pie mix!
coconut oil or butter
unsweetened almond milk
pumpkin pie spice
optional toppings or mix-ins: mini chocolate chips
white chocolate chips (my personal favorites), berries, maple syrup, peanut butter, pecans
1. In a small mixing bowl, stir together the pumpkin puree, eggs, almond milk, melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the oat flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
3. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, until just combined. Don't over mix! The batter will be thick but look like pancakes batter.
4. Heat a skillet with coconut oil or coconut oil spray. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop up the batter and pour into the pan.
5. Let cook on the griddle or pan until you start to see little bubbles forming on the side and then flip. Repeat with remaining batter.
6. Top pancakes with berries, bananas slices, pecans and melted nut butter or a touch of maple syrup.
These pancakes can be frozen too.
healthy pumpkin pancakes; fluffy pumpkin pancakes