Pumpkin Cacio e Pepe
Pumpkin cacio e pepe is simple, delicious and tastes like all of the things you love about fall! Please enjoy my favorite comfort food of all time!
- 1 box bowtie pasta you can definitely substitute a different type of pasta you have on hand
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 4 tbsp. grass-fed butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper plus extra for topping
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree
- pinch of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pecorino cheese grated
- parmesan shavings or more grated parmesan cheese and pepper for topping
Prepare pasta according to package directions. Once the pasta has cooked, reserve 1 cup of the water.
While the pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet and add the oil and half of the butter. Once the butter melts, stir in the garlic with a pinch of salt and all of the pepper. Toast for 1 to 2 minutes.
Stir in the pumpkin puree until combined. Stir in 1 cup of the reserved pasta water. Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and the pumpkin pie spice and bring the mixture to a simmer. Add in the pasta and toss it together. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the parmesan and pecorino.
Toss until the cheese is melted and becomes somewhat of a sauce with the water and the pasta. If needed, you can add in more water to thin out the sauce.
Serve with extra parmesan cheese and extra freshly cracked black pepper.