Chickpea Thai Quinoa Salad
This salad is as nutritious as they get and packed with tangy flavor. You'll love how easy it is to make and that it's perfect for meal prepping or brining to a get together.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3/4 cup chickpeas
- 1 1/2 cup purple cabbage shredded
- 3/4 cup carrot shredded
- 1 red yellow or orange bell pepper, sliced (can use half and half)
- 1/4 avocado cubed
- 1/4 cup cashews roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. green onion chopped
- 1 lime
- peanut thai dressing:
- ¼ cup creamy unsweetened peanut butter**
- 2 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 3 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp. honey omit or use maple syrup if vegan
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- squeeze of fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
Prepare the quinoa according to package directions.
While the quinoa is cooking prepare the veggies. Combine the cabbage, pea pods, carrot, and peppers. Rinse and drain the chickpeas, add to the veggies.
Combine all of the ingredients for the peanut Thai dressing and whisk until combined.
Toss veggies with fluffed quinoa and top with cubed avocado.
Pour the dressing over the salad and use tongs to toss everything together. Squeeze half of a lime over the salad.
Top with cashews and green onion and enjoy!
I recommend leaving the dressing off if you're planning to meal prep this salad and adding it to your individual portion when you're about to have it.
** for a nut free version omit peanut butter and use stone ground mustard