Busy mornings don’t have to equal a sub par breakfast with a little prep ahead of time. That’s why I love these kale & sausage egg muffins! Add this recipe to your Sunday meal prep lineup and see just how easy mornings can be when you’ve already got a veggie and protein packed egg muffin waiting for you!
This recipe is highly customizable, but I recommend you don’t skip the kale! I used Nature’s Greens® kale because of it’s supreme freshness and connivence. All I had to do was sauté it in a little bit of olive until until tender and add to the egg mixture.
This blog post is in partnership with Nature’s Greens, but all opinions are my own.
I’ll admit even as a registered dietitian it can be hard to get the recommended amount of greens in a day, and egg muffins packed with greens like this definitely help with that! I know I’m getting the fiber and vitamins and minerals I need with greens like this. Prep them for the week ahead and be sure freeze a couple for emergencies!
- 10 eggs
- 2 cups Nature’s Greens Kale
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 all-natural chicken sausage links
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- 5 mini sweet pepper cut into rings or 1-2 yellow or orange bell pepper, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 muffin tin
- Cooking spray or coconut oil cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs, almond milk, salt and pepper and cheese.
- Cut up sausage links into 1-inch thick pieces. Rinse and pepper and cut into circles or dice into mini cubes.
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil on low and add kale, chicken sausage and peppers until kale is wilted and sausage begins to brown. Remove from heat.
- Using a ¼ measuring cup, divide egg mixture between muffin tin. Add kale, sausage, and pepper mixture on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and loosen edges around egg muffins using a butter knife.
- Let cool and enjoy! Store in the refrigerator for up to one week.