Pizza night gets turned up a notch in terms of nutrition with this kale & butternut squash pizza! Customize is how you may, but I think this homemade kale and butternut squash combinations tastes delicious and is a healthy alternative to some of the other frozen pizzas out there. Made with Nature’s Greens ® kale that is pre-washed and bagged for connivence, this pizza take less than 25 minutes to make from start to finish.
This blog post is in partnership with Nature’s Greens®, but all opinions are my own.
Sure, the flavors are reminiscent of fall, but in my opinion they are great to enjoy all year long. I opted for frozen butternut squash that I defrosted and threw onto the pizza. When sautéing greens, make sure you always keep the heat on low to retain the most nutrients. Depending on the crust you use, this recipe makes great leftovers for the next day too!
Pizza night meets harvest flavors! Kale and butternut squash come together for this delicious and nutritious homemade pizza that can be whipped up anytime of year.
- 1 store bought pizza crust ( can use cauliflower, gluten-free depending on preference)
- 2 cups Nature’s Greens kale
- 1 tbps. olive oil
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ cup butternut squash, cubed and roasted (can use frozen)
- ½ cup spicy kale and lemon pesto
- ½ avocado
- balsamic glaze (optional)
- Preheat oven according to pizza package directions.
- Heat a medium saucepan, adding olive and garlic until fragrant. Add kale and gently sautee on low heat until kale begins absorbing the olive oil and looks moist.
- Spread pesto on top of pizza crust and top with sauteed kale, parmesan cheese, and butternut squash.
- Bake pizza according to package directions, remove from oven and top with sliced avocado, and drizzled balsamic Slice into pieces and enjoy!